+44 (0) 208 9545457    



  Setup Appointment

British Dependent Spouse

To Join Your Partner (Spouse, Civil or Unmarried Partner) in UK

This visa is for non-EEA national who is married to a British national or someone with indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence).

You will require a UK spouse visa to live and work in the UK. This visa is required to live with a family member in the UK for more than 6 months.

Key Requirements

You and your partner both need to be 18 or over

Your partner must also either:

Relationship Status

Documents proof of any of these is mandatory:

The proof should be specific, accurate and original.

In addition, if you are applying as unmarried partner you will also be required to provide

supporting documentation to prove that you have been cohabiting and that your relationship has been genuine and subsisting for a period of at least 2 years.

Knowledge of English

You can prove it with an academic qualification (NARIC), or by taking a test with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening.

If you want to settle permanently in the UK within 5 years

If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

If you did not need to do the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa but you need to do it now, you’ll need to pass it when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.

Financial Requirements

You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year.

You’ll need to earn an extra:

This is the called the ‘minimum income requirement’.


Your sponsor will need to ensure that there will be an adequate accommodation for you to

live in the UK. Your sponsor will need to factor in who will be living in the property (if you

won’t be living in the property exclusively with your sponsor, and ensure that there are

enough rooms in the property to avoid overcrowding.

Type of visa will you get

This visa entitles you to get leave to remain in the UK for an initial period of 30 months.

You will be required to extend your visa at the end of this visa period and if your application is successful, you will be granted a further 30 months extension. This period is known as ‘probationary period’.

 Once you have completed the 5 years period, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and then British citizenship.

Our Team of advisors can provide professional immigration advise and services for UK immigration applications to clients based in all parts of the UK and can represent you in your immigration case. We can also represent clients who are based outside the UK in dealing with their entry clearance applications  by completely assisting and submitting the entry clearance application to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).

You can contact us by writing us on info@rdoverseasuk.com or calling us on 0208 954 5457.

RDO can assist in making Entry Clearance application as well as for Extension of your Visa.

Submit your review

Create your own review

R D Overseas, UK Immigration Lawyers
Average rating:  
 0 reviews


"R D Overseas. will not be responsible for any damages as a result of any of the services provided by Unimig Pvt. Ltd. or its directors or its employees. All immigration rules provided on this website are subject to change. Unimig Pvt. Ltd. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Unimig Pvt. Ltd. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site"


R D Overseas.
Immigration & Visa Consultants

17 Kenneth Gardens Stanmore
London HA7 3SA
United Kingdom

T: +44 (0) 208 9545457
M: +44 (0) 7853110329 | 7552376158
E-mail: info@rdoverseasuk.com

All rights reserved by R D overseas