+44 (0) 208 9545457    



  Setup Appointment

Sole Representative Visa

Representative of an Overseas Business visa

You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland and you’re either:

An overseas company wish to establish operations in the UK and have no presence here, planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly subsidiary you can do so by sending a senior employee to open an office.

This is a visa designed to encourage foreign companies to set up their platform in the UK.

Who can Apply:

  1. he sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
  2. An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.


Person applying for this visa by the company should be:

  1. Recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
  2. Have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
  3. Hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
  4. Intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK,
  5. You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or transact business.
  6. If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.

The applicant can

  1. Work for the company full time but you will not be allowed to work for any other UK company;
  2. Bring their family member (Spouse and children below 18)
  3. Apply for permanent resident after 5 years

How long you can stay

After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.

Newspaper, news agency or broadcast employees

As an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, you can come to the UK if you’re being posted here on a long-term assignment.

Our Team of advisors can provide professional immigration advise and services for UK immigration applications to clients based in UK and can represent you in your immigration case. We can also represent clients who are based outside UK in dealing with their entry clearance applications  by completely assisting and submitting the entry clearance application to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).

You can contact us by writing us on info@rdoverseasuk.com or calling us on 0208 954 5457.

RDO can assist in making application as a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa.


"R D Overseas. will not be responsible for any damages as a result of any of the services provided by Unimig Pvt. Ltd. or its directors or its employees. All immigration rules provided on this website are subject to change. Unimig Pvt. Ltd. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Unimig Pvt. Ltd. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site"


R D Overseas.
Immigration & Visa Consultants

17 Kenneth Gardens Stanmore
London HA7 3SA
United Kingdom

T: +44 (0) 208 9545457
M: +44 (0) 7853110329 | 7552376158
E-mail: info@rdoverseasuk.com

All rights reserved by R D overseas